Institutional Transformation Directorate.
The Institutional Transformation Directorate of AsU is one of the ten offices established under the President in the current organizational structure of AsU since the University is accountable for Ministry of Education . The Institutional Transformation Directorate was established in 2005 E.C. to coordinate the reform process at University level. Under the current structure of AsU, the directorate is run by an Office and staffed with a Director and two senior institutional transformation experts, one executive secretary I .
The major goal of the Institutional Transformation Directorate is to scale up the service standards of AsU and ensure proper implementation of AsU’s vision to be one of the top ten universities in Ethiopia By the year of 2017 E.C .
Major Duties of OIT
- In order to speed up the successful institutional transformation of AsU, the ITD shall accomplish the following major duties:
- Ensure the proper implementation of change management tools (BSC, BPR, KAIZEN, Educational Development Army) in both academic and administration wings of AsU;
- Conduct periodic evaluation of the quality of services delivered by various offices in AsU;
- Identify skill gap and offer short term trainings that could improve the performance of the workers;
- Introduce new working procedures based on the experiences shared from benchmarked best international universities and scale up the service standard in AsU;
- Nurture and disseminate best practices within AsU;
- Report progresses on the transformation of AsU and identify challenges that the university need to tackle.
Customers of ITD
All Directorate and workers of AsU.
Stackholders of ITD
Ministry of Public Service & Human Development.
Ethiopian Management Institute.