Responsibilities of Asossa University
The powers and functions of Asossa University is to be administered based on the council of ministers regulation number 223/2003 for the establishment of Asossa University, regulation no.650/2001 for the establishment of higher educational institutions and council of ministers regulation no.210/2003.
Based on this the University has the following powers and functions:-
- Establishing educational class, designing and deciding their levels, powers and functions where necessary.
- Designing, giving, establishing and administering under and post graduate programs and short training based on the need of the country.
- Publishing and adopting research results, preparing and processing discussions on research results.
- Establishing and administering academic magazines and academic news
- Upgrading the level of teachers in the University and building their professional competency continuously.
- Making contribution for capacity building of other governmental and private organizations which were organized not for profit.
- Giving guidance and counseling service for the government, industries and for the Community.
- Designing modern library service and making it available for the users who were allowed to use.
- Cooperating with the educational quality affairs agency.
- Asking payment for the given service when necessary.
- Performing other related activities which help the achievement of the objectives.